download and setup instructions (for easy printout)
may first want to create a (temporary) download folder, and name it for
example "FractalSynth download" but you can also use any existing
folder, or simply your desktop as download location.
3. In the dialog box of your download utility click a "browse" or "select" or etc. button to select your preferred download location. Then click "OK" or "Start" or etc. to start the download;
4. Your download utility will alert you that the download is ready, and in most cases ask you to either open the just downloaded file, or open the download folder. Select to open the download folder, so that you can see the file sitting in the download folder;
5. Start the setup by double-clicking the just downloaded item FS_setup.exe. The setup is a so-called "selfextractor", this is a compressed archive (".zip" type) which automatically unzips and installs its files to the designated location. The application is a so-called "isolated setup" which means that all files are placed inside one folder: this is the application folder;
6. After having started the self-extractor, you get a welcome message, after reading click "OK";
7. Now you see the following dialog box with some options you can select:
8. To start your FractalSynth
software again later, use the shortcut on your desktop.